Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What a load of....


For fun, I like reading the horoscope section in the newspaper and when you read enough of them, you find a way to relate your life to what is being said, I think I am making it quite obvious here that I am buying into this whole prediction by planets nonsense. I have to say though there are varying degrees, we are all superstitious when it comes to life and love. I remember my mum telling me that if you finished the plate that you would remain a spinster... must have been the curse of the FOOD GOD.... I have also heard such silliness like you should never get married on Friday the 13th or your life will be doomed to misery. But the best one of all was to think of five or six names of boys or girls you might marry, As you twist the stem of an apple, recite the names until the stem comes off. You will marry the person whose name you were saying when the stem fell off. I knew for a fact that I truly did not believe in superstition when I heard this:

Monday's child is fair of face;
Tuesday's child is full of grace;
Wednesday's child is full of woe;
Thursday's child has far to go;
Friday's child is loving and giving;
Saturday's child works hard for a living.
But the child that is born on the Sabbath day
is fair and wise, good and gay.

I am born on a Tuesday and if you know me, I am far from graceful unless they mean that there is a little woman by the name of Grace living inside of me and somehow I imagine her getting bigger by the day (think I just scared myself). Although, I did admit that there are varying degrees of superstitions so although I think that a lot of the superstitions are a load of crock... I have superstitions of my own.

When it comes to my own pantangs, well let's say I never go out with people who are overly-suspicious! :)

2 comments:

  1. First of all,a horoscope is an astrological map of the heavens keyed to the time and place of a specific birth.It is a kind of a map that appears as a two dimensional chart.It shows position of the Sun,the Moon,and planets at the precise moment of your birth.The earth moves from west to east and hence the Sun appears to move from east to west.The 360degree circle of the zodiac is divided into 12 parts of 30degrees each called the zodiac sign.

    What I love about Horoscope is that I need to know the traits of character in a zodiac sign so as to know that person better.For eg. Taurus is my zodiac sign.Taurus is the sign of practicality and possessions.People born under the sign of Taurus tend to be very patient,practical and dedicated people.Such people are usually very cautious when dealing with people,life and money.They have a curious power of dominating others,even when not conscious of trying to do so.People who were born in that time are extremely faithful,with a strong need for security and a settled routine.

    Although they are very earthy,they can also be highly romantic and sensitive when it comes to love.They have great power of endurance,both physical and mental,and can pass through enormous strains of fatigue as long as the excitement or determination lasts.If they love,they are generous to the last degree,and will consider no sacrifice too great for the person they care for,if they are enermies,they will fight with the most determined obstinacy.

    But they always fight in the open,for they hate trickiness,double-dealing or deceit.They have an innate sense of harmony,rhythm and color,often very successful in music,poetry and art.They have an ability to become the most faithful and loyal friends.They also make good patient nurses and healers,and almost all have a keen love of gardening and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny how everything in that reading is positive... wonder whether people would be so open in believing a horor-scope...one that highlighted your flaws rather than your strengths....Just something to think about

    ReplyDelete