Monday, August 16, 2010

My baby!!


My Pancho and my cousin, Kristin

So my Pancho (dog) got really sick for the first time, I had to admit him at the animal medical centre, in Jalan Tun Razak..man it was the worst scare ever. He started purging then there was blood in his poo and soon enough it was just blood. I have never been so scared in my life....after rushing him to the animal hospital in the wee hours of the night, I found out that I had to leave him there...that was the hardest thing...he looked so scared and sick... and I never knew how much I loved my dog till that very moment. Turns out he had a bacteria infection in his intestines. He is back home now and recovering, the doctor said that it was something he ingested... so now when we are out on walks I am super paranoid, like those really irritating, over-bearing parents... I hope I don't turn out to be one. But for right now, I am just too relieved that my dog is ok and on the way to recovering. What a scare!

2 comments:

  1. When I was living in Cheras,I had a dog,a police dog that was very loyal and true to our family.He guarded the house day and night and we fed him truly well.A bit too well perhaps!He was such a good dog and a watchman,that almost every dog food we hear,we get for him to chew!

    He was also down with a bacteria infection in his intestines.But the problem was we were all too busy with our lifes and before we knew it,it was already too late!He passed away peacefully in his sleep on the way to the vet.I can remember my brother crying because he too loves that dog!So the purpose in my writing is that be early to notice than be it too late to grieve over a loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Van Persie, makes me feel that much better about being "overly-paranoid"

    ReplyDelete