Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Love & Marriage


I think I am finally suited for the radio programme that I do. Late Night Love Songs has transformed from a cynic to a romantic. How is that possible? You listen to 3 hours of love songs almost everyday and send out messages from girlfriends to their boyfriends, husband’s to their wives and people just starting out in a relationship, see how you turn out.

I used to think that marriage is the scariest thing in the world. Actually I still do. However it is admirable when you see two people ready to make that final leap into being a couple, FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES. Although I don’t think I would ever take that leap, I am a little jealous to see some couples who are so sure that this is the path for them. It is a very noble one, cause you now live your life for someone else. First for your partner, then for your children, then your grandkids and then you croak…. (see why marriage scares me) But when you love someone so much that you are willing to do that knowingly…. That my friend, is a down right miracle.

So two of my friends just got married over the weekend, let me tell you if you don’t already know… getting married can be a very stressful affair. The bride was single-handedly handling most of the arrangements and by the final week she looked like she was about to burst. I couldn’t understand why she would put herself through all that pain, she was worrying about everyone, forgetting the simple fact that the wedding was just about her and the groom. But like any bride, I guess she just wanted it to be perfect.

But when THE DAY rolled around and everything had turned out well, I had never seen a happier woman. The families came together, the guest were gushing and the whole thing was a dream come true. So alls well and now they start out their journey; to love one and other, to grow in that love and to procreate like bunnies :)

Back in the day I would gasp for air at the thought of being married, for better or worst never seemed all that reasonable to me. But now despite the stress and pain, despite the promise of FOREVER, I have nothing but warmth in my heart. My eyes have been opened to the fact that marriage is the glue that brings families together and brings hope for the future. Most importantly, it has brought a cynical girl like to me to tears, knowing YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE.

3 comments:

  1. hello, i'm a fan your late nite love songs!!! u might wanna visit my blog and do take the nuffnang survey at http://powyihling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love you late night love songs,please can you please play me call the man by Celine Dion just for tonight.About marriage,i'm really afraid,i don't want to get married just to tell the truth,i just want to be alone

    ReplyDelete
  3. so i guess you're ready now for marriage ! "wink wink"

    ReplyDelete