Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fun Through the Generations

My nephew celebrated his first birthday... firstly I can believe that I have nephews (being a baby myself) but the weirdest thing was the cousin that I used to get up to mischief with is now a mother. Although I thought that things would change when my cousins became parents, it didn't really. My cousins are still the same fun-loving people I know back in the day. The only difference is now they would have to pass down that same spirit to their kids. Being a bias aunt I will tell you that my nieces and nephews are the cutest in the world but I believe every aunt shares the same view.

I love family gatherings, with our busy schedules I barely get to see my cousins and this is the perfect opportunity to do that.

When we were kids we would do all sorts of performances for my aunts and uncles and now we reminisce about the songs we made up, the dances we choreographed and little skits we used to do ( its no wonder i ended up doing theater). My favourite was a song that we made up to We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel, only ours was titled We Didn't Start Malaysia... it was hilarious... man those were the days. My only hope is that my nephews and nieces carry on the same crazy tradition of their aunts and uncles before them.



My nephew, Karl's birthday cake



Karl with his mum (Karen, my cousin)



Karl with his dad, the party is heating up...all shirts off!!


Karl with his aunt Kristin (also my cousin)



The Jackson 5 performance that had everyone in stitches



Group shot of Karl his parents and the Jackson 5s




1 comment:

  1. he is sure cute... i remember doing Donny & Maria show with my siblings..hahah and we would preform for our parents and cousins..those were the days..

    ReplyDelete