Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Too much?

I have to say I love what I do, so when it comes to my carrier sometimes I get slightly carried away working. Okay, I am a workaholic, I have no qualms working mornin, noon and night. In fact, I welcome it, that way I really feel like I have deserved my weekend. However, in the process of doing this, I have lost friends and the closeness that I used to share with my family. I know that I should make time, and I think I do within reason but lately the voice of reason in my life ie. my bf has been telling me to relook at the way I do things. "How long are you going to keep doing this? You mean, you are going to keep this up all your life?" "I don't think I can," was my reply. But while I am still young I feel now is the time to do all that I can do. You see I feel that I am very well-adjusted. When I was in school I was very involved in the theatre and the like so besides the usual education that you get out of your primary and secodary school, I also learnt confidence and how to express myself. In college, I worked and studied for most of it and managed to graduate with good grades. I made the most of the experience while I was away from my parents and took baby steps in learning how to be a full-blown adult. Now that I am one, I feel the need to work hard and take care of the people that I love. I have always been doing more than what is expected and I have been pretty successful so far, so I really don't see what is wrong with that? But just because that is what I am used to, should I continue doing it or should i take more time to stop and smell the roses? What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I think you should take more time to stop and smell the roses.Okay,to expand.I have met a guy,I like him a lot.We have both been single for a long time but we are both good looking and blown away by each other but really shy about it.How do we settle down?Communication is important in a relationship.Somebody should bring it up and break the ice.And if it's so hard to communicate now when you are not together,how will you know you will be able to after you start dating?

    This requires some serious thinking and talking.Do a lot of dates and things.Like go do random dates.Go to the movies,dinner,the fair...so on,so on.Be yourself with him.It will be easier to break the ice.When you are walking,grab his hand,like it's nothing.That will give him idea that he is allowed to do that.When you are at the movies,lean onto him.If he takes you to dinner,then play with his hand while you are waiting.These little things work.

    Keep meeting and doing lots of different things together.Talk,ask questions and get to know each other.Eventually you will start to feel very comfortable around one another.Worrying about things or trying to force things(and not letting things take a natural course)will just trip you both up.It's perfectly fine if you're both shy and nervous at first.

    Gradually,you'll get more and more comfortable with each other and whatever walls you both have will come down....Try it...it works!!At the same time,continue to do what you always love to do and save a lot of money....!

    ReplyDelete