Friday, June 18, 2010

Love Has Funny Way

I was always a late bloomer. For most of my life, I believed I was a boy. Only towards the later part of my life (when I started to develop) I realised that I was truly a girl. Had a few crushes and met a few people but I never really felt strongly for men.

I first fell in love with a man when I was 23. I went out with him for 4 years and thought that I was going to end up marrying him but he wanted something different. After that I never thought that I would end up getting married, quite frankly I gave up on the idea of it. Plus the experiences that some of my married friends were going through, honestly made me believe that marriage is simply not for me. Resigned to the idea that I would be one of those people that most people would wonder about, I went about my life quite happily...if there someone there to share special moments then great, but if not I wasn't going to cry about it. I learnt to enjoy my own company and to be frank, I haven't found someone that I truly enjoy being around with as much.

But life has a way of throwing you curve balls and recently I have been looking at life a little differently. Am I going to end up someone's Mrs after all? We'll see how this one goes. Will keep you posted :)

1 comment:

  1. I bloomed at aged 14.By aged 15,I was already sick with pre-menstrual cramps,contractions and hot flush.My mother concocted a special brew for me and chinese chicken herbal soup and somehow or rather I got over the nausea of getting started onto puberty.Sucks!

    I never look at a man's face.I looked at Galaxie magazines and newspapers but I don't like boys/guys because they have a tendency to make you mad....and I don't like getting into a fit.

    I did not fall in love.By age 25,Mom says I ought to go dating and she signed me up with a club dating 10 men.I chosed one.Those fools.I married a guy my mother chosed because my grandma was dying and she wanted to drink tea at my wedding ballroom table.Anyway,after being married for the third year,she passed away gracefully....

    I am also those people who don't cry easily without a fight.Recently he was seeing another woman and it was time to make a move.I packed my bags and left for my mother's house.So much for true love...

    I am looking at life a bit differently now.If the man doesn't wants you,pack your bags and go.No need to cry over spilt milk.Rejoice in the Lord always,and again I say rejoice!

    ReplyDelete