Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Love for American Idol

So through the years now I have been following American Idol and I am really drawn to that show. I love singing but that's not the reason that I am so intrigued. Its a conversation starter and instantly bonds you to people that you meet. Many a times I should have thanked American Idol for saving me from dull conversations. Most people are quite passionate about the contestants that they support and I rarely see people really feel that strongly about strangers a million miles away. So you could say that I am not so much obsessed with the show in itself but everything else that comes with it.

I am not afraid to say that I am part of the American Idol occult, in fact I embrace it. Really, it brings out a lot of good in people... think about it, how many times do we have a common enemy (Simon Cowell)? He is the man, we love to hate. How many times do we cheer and hope for complete strangers to succeed? How many times do we bond over a tv show? How many times do we make time just to sit down? (even if it is in front of the tele)

So I love American Idol, not only cause it's a show that showcases talent but it also tells you a little more about the contestants and their lives while making ours a little better.

Oh yeah another reason why I love American Idol, it gives you hope that any Joe off the street could be a super star. You gotta love a show that gives you hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment